Paying the ransom is no guarantee your stolen data will ever be unlocked. Stratus’ Robert Otto shares key proactive measures to help your organization prevent a critical ransomware attack.
This week it’s Petya. Last month, headlines about WannaCry ransomware briefly grabbed the world’s attention. The sad truth is that not a day passes without some organization being held hostage by encryption-based ransomware. Here are a few sobering facts:
- Nearly 40% of all businesses have been affected to some extent by ransomware.1
- More than 4,000 ransomware attacks have occurred every day since the beginning of 2016.2
- The first quarter of 2017 saw a sizable spike in ransomware activity.3
- A consumer gets hit by ransomware every 10 seconds (this is up from every 20 seconds in Q1 2016).4
- A company gets hit by ransomware every 40 seconds (this is up from every 2 minutes in Q1 2016).5
See more from Stratus here.